Friday 9 November 2012

self evaluation as a mua


Self evaluation is crucial as it will enable you to improve and reach your potential. I recommend completing a self evaluation form after your make up application alongside a resource list, record of techniques and face chart. Here is an example of self evaluation:



Theatrical and Media Make-up
DAY MAKE-UP -  6th September 2012
SELF EVALUATION by Francesca Simpson

  • I really enjoyed doing this Day Make-up as it was one of the first Make-up’s that I had done on a client
  • I had a few problems in getting the correct colour of foundation to match her skin but after some trial and error I managed to match it very closely and it looked pretty good
  • I was really pleased with the eye shadow colours that I used but I had a bit of an issue with ‘fall-out’ but managed to clean it from her face okay
  •   I definitely need to practice doing the lip lining as my hand wasn't too steady and I did end up making a bit of a mess with the line.
  • When the make-up was completed I was really quite happy with what I’d achieved as it was my first attempt.

My areas for improvement are:

  • Choosing the correct colour of foundation
  • Eye shadow application
  • Lip lining

No comments:

Post a Comment